USA student visas


With hundreds of international students studying in the United States with INTO each year, we have plenty of support to offer when it comes to applying for your visa. With our help, we are confident that you will have an excellent prospect of being accepted. See below US student visa requirements.


Interested in studying with INTO? Find out more by finding about our study programs.


What type of visa do you need to study in the United States?

To study in the United States, you will need to apply for an F-1 student visa. An F-1 student visa is issued to international students studying academic or English language programs at a college or university in the United States.

How can I obtain a US student visa?

1. Receiving your I-20

After you receive your offer of admission from the university, you will need to provide financial documents (bank statements) and a certificate of support for the university you will attend. Once the information is received, your information is registered with SEVIS and your I-20 is issued and forwarded to you by a university official. You need a Form I-20 in order to complete the remaining steps.


2. Pay the $350 I-901 SEVIS Fee

Be sure to set up an account with thestudent portal and Exchange Visiter Program (SEVP) to learn how fees are paid in your country.


3. Complete the DS-160 visa application available on the system and pay the MRV fee of $160

Once you have successfully submitted your DS-160 visa application, be sure to print the confirmation page you receive, which contains the barcode and your details. You will need this page for your visa interview. You must pay a reservation fee of $160 in order to book an interview


4. Schedule your US visa interview

Check the website of the US embassyor consulate where you plan to interview for information up to date. Waiting times can vary greatly by country and can take months. Schedule your visa interview as soon as possible.


5. Prepare all your documents to take with you to obtain a US visa:

• Passport + US visa size (51 mm x 51 mm) • DS-160 confirmation page • MRV Fee payment receipt ($160) and confirmation of appointment reservation • Confirmation of payment for the SEVIS value ($350) • Form I-20 (printed, done taught by the student) • Financial documents • Transcripts/evidence of completion of the degree • Offer from the university


6. Connect the PASS session with one of the US visa specialists at OTNI to prepare for the interviews:

PASS is included in your program and is available to all OINTO students at no additional cost. All students confirmed to be students to book a session of the General Assembly are contacted directly.


7. Attending a virtual information session:

Join our virtual sessions to learn more about studying in the United States and how to apply for an F-1 visa. Register here


8. Attend your visa interview!

Visit the US Department of Statewebsite for more details about studying in the United States and to see if specific additional documents are required to obtain your visa.

No comments
Post a Comment